Senior Backend Engineer
Shuttlerock is a creative technology platform that helps advertisers collect and manage content and brand assets, turn them into video ads and publish them to digital channels. The process is easy, cost-effective, fast, scalable, and our creatives are handcrafted by real people. We have a global team, with offices in Nelson, New York, Singapore, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Christchurch, and Berlin. We are an official Facebook Marketing Partner, and a 2016 Facebook Innovation Award winner.
We are looking for experienced Ruby developers who want to work on interesting problems, and help us take our platform to the next level.
We're looking for people passionate about creating scalable and performant Ruby on Rails platforms, who thrive on working with a fast-moving team that's changing the way large companies think about content marketing. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute our API and scaling strategy, while working with a group of talented developers. You’ll work alongside our product and design teams to implement high-traffic applications that are used by major brands worldwide.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Shuttlerock, you will:
- Spec and build new features, working closely with other developers, product management and designers.
- Help operate and maintain our infrastructure at the server, network and CDN levels.
- Participate in code reviews and QA sessions.
- Mentor Junior developers.
- Help our technical support team diagnose and fix bugs.
- Work across all levels of our stack, most likely using a combination Ruby on Rails, Angular.js, React + Redux, Clojure, Elixir, Postgres or Cassandra.
- Contribute to open source projects (our developers have committed code to a variety of well-known libraries, including Rails itself).
Posted June 25th, 2019
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Fluency in English.
- 6+ years of professional software development experience.
- Deep knowledge of Ruby and Rails development.
- Knowledge of how the web works - REST API design, HTTP fundamentals and security concerns.
- Experience working with third-party APIs.
- A track record of shipping and maintaining code for a high-traffic website.
- Understanding of multi-threaded application development.
- Experience writing maintainable, testable code.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excited to work closely with an extremely talented, distributed team.
Bonus points if you:
- Are multilingual.
- Have GitHub or other portfolios demonstrating your work.
- Have an interest in functional programming and testing.
- Have experience with DevOps, automated deployment, AWS, edge caching etc.