Senior Frontend Engineer
Shuttlerock is a creative technology platform that helps advertisers collect and manage content and brand assets, turn them into video ads and publish them to digital channels. The process is easy, cost-effective, fast, scalable, and our creatives are handcrafted by real people. We have a global team, with offices in Nelson, New York, Singapore, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Christchurch, and Berlin. We are an official Facebook Marketing Partner, and a 2016 Facebook Innovation Award winner.
We are looking for experienced Frontend developers who want to work on interesting problems, and help us take our platform to the next level.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Shuttlerock, you will:
- Spec and build new features, working closely with other developers, product management and designers.
- Help shape the direction of our product through framework and technology research.
- Participate in code reviews and QA sessions.
- Mentor Junior developers.
- Help our technical support team diagnose and fix bugs.
- Work across all levels of our stack, most likely using a combination of React + Redux and Ruby on Rails.
- Contribute to open source projects (our developers have committed code to a variety of well-known libraries).
Posted June 25th, 2019
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Fluency in English.
- 6+ years of professional software development experience.
- Deep knowledge of modern HTML / CSS layout techniques, and the ability to turn designs into functioning interfaces that work on a variety of browsers.
- Knowledge of how the web works - GraphQL or REST API design, HTTP fundamentals and security concerns.
- Experience working with third-party APIs.
- A track record of shipping and maintaining code for a high-traffic website.
- Experience writing maintainable, testable code.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excited to work closely with an extremely talented, distributed team.
Bonus points if you:
- Are multilingual.
- Have GitHub or other portfolios demonstrating your work.
- Have an interest in functional programming and testing.
- Have experience with Elixir, Clojure, or Ruby.
- Have experience with DevOps, automated deployment, AWS, edge caching etc.
- Have experience leading an engineering team.